1. Applicants for this scholarship must be:
- A West Virginia resident
- Of Italian-American descent
- Enrolled in or accepted to undergraduate study at West Virginia University
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or above
2. Recipient must demonstrate:
- pride in Italian American heritage
- leadership qualities
- solid academic achievement
- commitment to service
- strong work ethic
3. Applicant must complete the online application form and provide required documents.
a. Before beginning the application form, please prepare the following documents in either
PDF or JPG file format.
- An official high school transcript of high school grades from the beginning of the ninth grade to the date of application (transcript may be a photocopy that bears the high school principal’s signature).
- Photocopies of official college entrance scores (SAT and/or ACT)
- One current, dated, signed letter of endorsement from a high school teacher (not related to the applicant) which reports the applicant’s scholastic attitude, notable skills, work ethic, and character.
- A completed Exhibit of Achievement Document, noting achievements in scholarship, leadership, extracurricular activities, community and voluntary service. Please save the provided Word document as a PDF, once completed and before uploading. You may add or delete rows in this document, as needed.
b. Once you have prepared your required materials, complete the online scholarship application form.
Application form and required documents should be uploaded no later than April 1.
INCOMING FRESHMEN WILL RECEIVE PRIORITY IN THE EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS
4. Regarding questions, please contact (email is preferred):
Dr. Carolyn P. Atkins, Coordinator